Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another Essay Thing AKA Promotion of Google Calender

I'm an avid user of Google Calender (I usually have a tab open on any computer, as well as syncing to my phone). I have 11 (yes, eleven!!) separate calendars. This might be a little overkill, but I have one for nearly every category I can think of: general things that I "share" with people who need to know my schedule, personal things, work, class schedule, assignments due, bills due, etc...

I love this method so much because I can focus on one calender if I need to, or view them all and get an overview of the whole week. Aside from that, each calender has default settings that can be changed to a variety of things. For example, any time I add something to my "class assignments" calender it automatically creates a couple of reminders, example, email me 3 days ahead of due date and email me the night before (just to make sure it's done :]).

Like I said, it might be a little overkill for some, but for those like me who thrive on visually seeing everything laid out and could use automatic email reminders, I find this method quite helpful.

No comments: