Sunday, December 01, 2013

Painting the Kitchen (in My Dreams)

Several friends and family have expressed interest in seeing our projects and some before/after shots, so, I'm going to attempt to chronicle our progress. Here's a few things for starters, even though we don't own it yet...

We've been pondering paint colors (because it needs it bad) and so I did some digital mock-ups...
This is something like the current kitchen (sans the terrible chicken wall border, rusty porcelain sink, and dingy grout):

current kitchen

The counter top and backsplash are white tile, which, while I'm not a fan of white, I am a fan of tile. It's real. It's not some fabricated, plastic-like surface. So, we're planning to keep the tile the way it is and (being the dark souls that we are) paint the white trim and white cabinets a dark, dark brown. Also the wall color, the salmon, it's got to go. Here's what we're thinking:

kitchen plans

We'll see if it ever pans out quite like this. :)


I made my digital creations on Lowe's Virtual Room Designer. It's awesome.
Doing the dark brown with the white tile was largely inspired by this photo.

No comments: