Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Step in Life

Well, I put in my two week notice today...

"Do you have a job lined up?" No.

"Isn't that a bad idea?" Er, well... it depends on who you are, your particular situation, and what you want out of life.

I have no guaranteed plan in place... But I have plans, if that makes it better?

I'll get three more paychecks between now and when... well, when I don't.

I'm going to minimize my spending, bills, etc.

Place more focus on finishing my final classes on high notes.

I'm going to put quite a bit of effort (almost job like) toward selling (eBay, Craigslist, Etsy, classifieds, ...) as much of my stuff as I can - a) to make money b) I need to get rid of a lot of junk (aka valuable possessions to someone else) and c) so I have less to move in a couple months.

Going to try working through what I want to be when I grow up. Or maybe more of how I want to earn a living between now and growing up. I've decided that I definitely want to enjoy what I do. I've known that, but I'm realizing how important I think it is in my life. I'm not sure what that means for me yet, but I'd rather live a life where I need less money than needing to play corporate politics to make what I need for how I live. I suppose that's nearly as much mindset as occupation, but none-the-less, I want to do work that I want to do.

I'll spend some time wedding planning.
And as soon as we know where we're going (or not going), I'll start doing what is necessary for us to go in that direction.

So, no, I don't have a "job" lined up, but I do have some life lined up that needs to be worked on.  And anyway, I'm just getting a 7 week, or so, jump on my already impending unemployment, upcoming with graduation.

New step; next step; life's a journey...

No comments: