Sunday, June 08, 2008

Good Music

I have tried numerous times to "realign" my musical tastes or find "substitutes" but the same thing always happens and I go back to what I enjoy (...makes sense right?)
Doom, death, black, melodic, atmospheric, gothic -- Metal.
Why is it that my favorite genres are comprised of things I feel I should not listen to??
The bands that describe themselves as "devilish" or "often cites Luciferian Saga as an important influence to the band." Names like Pagan Angel, Tiamat, Within Temptation . . .

My mom has a tendency to think the 'darker sound' itself is evil. I disagree.
However, I don't understand it. What attracts me so much? Why do the majority of these styles seem to be seeped in ancient religious lore?
I don't like attempting to make myself choose between a sound I like and themes that rot my brain.

This is just my rant for the day. However, I am curious of other's thoughts, feelings, and your take on good music.


[First posted on MySpace on Feb 25, 2008]

No comments: