Sunday, June 29, 2008

Good Buys

So today, in the process of helping AGS move and going from one house to the new, we passed this yard sale like 3 times, each time with me eying an amazing black leather chair "thing" (more on that in a moment). Finally I had the chance to go check the sale out and at this point it's like 5pm. Maybe crazy people, maybe smart, for not putting things away by 12 (or so), they had the stuff all over their front yard and were just hanging out there all day.

Anyway, so I go to check out this chair, which had been there all day so I was afraid it was going to be outrageous expensive or bad condition or something. None of the above. Apparently just no one else was interested. And I should mention it wasn't really a chair, it was the curve of a sectional couch... awesome none the less. AND because the guys were moving today they had a trailer to haul the thing back to my (current and very temporary) place.

And the girls having the yard sale were conveniently my size (which meant lots of shoes and clothes to look through :]).

I shall leave out other fun details and let it suffice to say I left there with one awesome leather chair "thing," 4 pair of shoes, 5 shirts, 1 dress, and 1 framed picture all for -- $30.
A good buy indeed.



(on the porch, as it won't fit in the front door!!)

No comments: